Multicenter Trials Committee
Purpose: The multicenter trials group was formed in order to review and/or research areas of trauma care where large numbers of patients are needed to answer clinically relevant questions. Studies performed and published by this group have a very high citation index in the Journal of Trauma.
Chair: Chad Ball, M.D.
Click here for the MTC Guidelines
Membership: Multicenter Trial Committee membership
Winter: Tuesday at 6:00 during Annual Meeting
Fall: During AAST Meeting
Publications to Date: 50 publications.
1. The Role of HIV in Post-Injury Coagulation
(PI: Rachael Callcut, MD [firstname.lastname@example.org])
2. Immunologic Response to Pneumococcal Polysaccharide Vaccine in Splenic Injury Patients
(PI: David V. Shatz, MD [email@example.com])
Data Collection Form
Study Flow Chart
UC-Davis IRB Approval
3. Trauma and mild TBI in a pediatric population: A pilot longitudinal descriptive study assessing post-concussive symptoms, functional and quality of life outcomes.
(PI: Susan Biffl, MD [firstname.lastname@example.org])
Ready to Accrue Letter
|Post-concussive Assement||PEDSQL||PEDSQL Parent Report|
|5-7 years old||5-7 years old||5-7 yearsld|
|8-12 years old||8-12 years old||8-12 years old|
|13-18 years old||13-18 years old||13-18 years old|
4. Thoracostomy Tube Irrigation for Retained Hemothorax
(PI: Thomas Carver, MD [email@example.com])
Coordinating Site Protocol
5. A Multi-Center Prospective Evaluation of Pre-Hospital Ketamine Administration and ED Disposition in the Trauma Patient
(PI: Alison Smith, MD, PhD [firstname.lastname@example.org])